Peruvian Community, Cultural and Wildlife Tours (Pecocuwi) is a tour agency and operator with its main base in Cusco which is offering something genuinely different for those interested in visiting parts of Peru which are yet to be promoted.
Our stellar tours will take you to the Sondondo and Chicha Soras valleys in the Ayacucho and Apurimac Regions of Peru on the route between Nazca and Cusco. There will be the opportunity to see:
• A Large population of Condors
• Prehispanic agricultural terraces in perfect condition and cultivated to this day
• A large plantation of the spectacular Puya de Raimondi plants
• Live performances of the famous scissor dance
• The childhood home of the writer Guaman Poma de Ayala
• The most amazing stone formations in Peru (Chicha Soras valley)
• Vicuñas, flamingoes, wild ducks and vizcachas
• Lakes, waterfalls and other beautiful landscapes
We are well acquainted with both these valleys as the manager of Pecocuwi has worked for more than 10 years for a rural development, NGO, Cusichaca, in this area. (see text on Cusichaca).
One of the key aims of this company is to involve the Communities in the activities – local guides will be employed and locally owned houses or hostels used.
With pleasure we can help organise longer term stays with local families with the chance to participate in the daily life of the Communities.
We are also specialists in the organization of personalised tours within the city and region of Cusco.