FLIGHT OVER THE NAZCA LINES
Duration: Approximately 2 hours (the flight time is between 30 and 35 minutes)
You will be collected from your hotel at the agreed time and taken to the airport (between 10 and 15 minutes from the centre of Nazca)
Before taking the flight you will have the opportunity to watch a video about the Nazca Lines. This video lasts about 30 minutes.
The flight itself lasts between 30 and 35 minutes and is undertaken in small airplanes – everyone has a window seat. During the flight you will be able to see many of the incredible figures such as:
- The Whale
- The astronaut
- The Monkey
- The Dog or Coastal Fox
- The Humming Bird
- The Spider
- The Condor
- The Flamingo
- The Parrot
- The Hand
- The Tree
- The Lizard
- Several geometric Formations
After the flight everyone will receive a certificate as a souvenir. You will be accompanied back to your hotel following the flight.
The Nazca Lines are a famous tourist attraction, known worldwide. They are located on the desert plains between Nazca and Pallpa. The lines form huge etchings of plants, animals and geometric figures, which can only be appreciated from above. There is a tower beside the Pan-American Highway from which some of the lines can be seen but in order to be able to see the whole area and to be able to distinguish the drawings clearly it is necessary to take one of the many flights over the lines. It is not conclusively known either when or why the lines were made (though they are prehispanic). There are many theories and it is worth visiting the museum on the outskirts of Nazca dedicated to the investigations of the famous German archeologist, Dr. Maria Reicha, who spent most of her life studying the lines.
COST OF TOUR
The Price includes:
- Transport from hotel to airport and vice versa
- A flight of between 30 and 35 minutes over the lines
- A Video with information about the lines
- A certificate recording your flight over the lines
- A professional guide who offers assistance throughout
The Price does not include:
- Airport Tax (S/.25)
- When the weather is not good or there is poor visibility there may be a delay in the flight taking off. In the event that there are no flights a full refund will be given.